Queenstown, New Zealand, is a popular destination for tourists. It is the most visited tourist spot in New Zealand and one of the best places to visit on your honeymoon tour or for a holiday with your family or friends.
If you are planning to stay at a hotel for a while, you should consider choosing an area with plenty of natural beauty. This will allow you to enjoy the scenery while avoiding all the town’s hustles and bustles.
However, finding the perfect place to spend your time during this season can be difficult without the proper guidance and advice. Here are some tips that will help you make the most of your time in Queenstown, New Zealand
You need to know where you want to spend your holiday and what kind of accommodation options you can find. If you have a budget, booking your accommodation online is better and ensuring you get all the information about your destination before booking.
Planning also allows you to understand the commuting routes in the town. Queenstown has plenty of transportation options. Taking a flight is the most convenient way to get to Queenstown. Their international airport is the fourth busiest in New Zealand.
After landing at the airport, the best commuting option is to rent a campervan. You’ll need to visit your rental agency at their location, with most situated around the airport. The majority arrange complimentary transportation from Queenstown Airport to the auto yard. There are plenty of online sites about car rental in Queenstown that you can check out before you travel.
Other transportation options in the town include:
- Taking the bus– You can take a public bus and pay as little as $2 if you purchase a BeeCard from the driver or pay $10 per adult and $8 per child.
- Queenstown Shuttle– This is a better option than taking a bus, especially if you’re traveling as a group. They usually charge roughly $20 NSD per passenger.
- Uber and Taxi- You will require Wifi to order one in case you don’t have mobile service from the local service providers. Taking an uber from the airport can also be expensive, costing around $30-$45 for a 6km journey to the town center. Taking a taxi is a bit less expensive than ordering an uber.
Check out the Weather Conditions
New Zealand is the best place to visit all year round. This is because every season has its fun activities tourists can participate in. Summers are usually for road trip enthusiasts and hikers who enjoy the warm sun while swimming in the warm lakes.
You will love the lupin flowering season if you choose to go during spring around November. Many summer activities begin to open at this time, and tourists start pouring in large numbers for hiking.
Winter is also a fun time to visit Queenstown. This is the best place in all of the southern hemisphere to go snowboarding and skiing. There is plenty of skiing resort situated around Queenstown.
Explore the City of Queenstown
There are many places to visit in New Zealand. Queenstown in New Zealand’s South Island is the place for you if you want thrills and adventure while relaxing in one of the most stunning settings in the Southern Hemisphere. Here are places to check out:
- The excellent barrier reef-this is one of the most beautiful natural wonders in the world. It is located on an island called ‘ Auckland, ‘which has been named the best place for scuba diving.
- The white Sandy beaches of Queenstown-this is another fantastic place where you can enjoy the beauty of nature as you sunbathe with your loved ones.
- The national museum-this is a must-visit destination for all those who love history and culture.
Queenstown Equipment and Clothing Packing List
As a result of the numerous weather variations and varied topography, Queenstown presents a bit of a challenge when it comes to packing. Carrying enough clothes and accessories is essential, so you do not get lost while traveling with your family.
You need to pack many things depending on the season that’s in Queenstown. These items include:
- Woolen socks-woolen socks are beneficial in winter. You can wear them on cold days and warm on rainy days.
- Thermal underwear– thermal underwear is an excellent way of keeping you warm. This is useful as you’ll avoid packing too much clothing.
- Waterproof shoes-waterproof shoes are essential for any kind of outdoor activity. They will help keep your feet dry and prevent blisters and other injuries. ·
- Water repellant Luggage- If you visit Queenstown, you should always have a couple of water repellent clothes and luggage. This is due to unpredictable weather conditions.
- Bug Sprays- Essential for protecting yourself against sand flies.
- Plenty of sunscreens– the sun rays here are always strong, even on cool days
There is no dull day in Queenstown, whether you choose to visit during the cold or hot and warm seasons. The town is filled with many touring places and activities, from skiing, scuba diving, hiking, banji jumping, and many more. Add this great town to your bucket list as your next holiday destination and make your money worthy of the adventure.