Palm Springs, a city in California is known to be the most popular vacation destination in the Sonoran desert; it’s a scenic place surrounded by four different mountain ranges. The city is a three hours’ drive from San Diego, thereby making it one of the most popular weekend destination for those who reside in nearby cities. In case you are planning to visit the place, make sure you search for some Romantic hotels in Palm Springs. Listed below are a host of places to visit in this beautiful place, a recommendation from us.
- Palm Springs aerial tramway: Visit the largest rotating aerial tramway of the world in Palm Springs. The modest 10 minutes ride will take you along a 2.5 miles ride giving you a glimpse of the Chino Canyon. You will see the spectacular views of the cliff, valleys, and vistas and also relax at the top where the mercury drops to 30 degrees from the desert floor. You can camp overnight in some of the boulder areas. Register and plan quite some time ahead, so that you get the best deals.
- Palm Springs art museum: Visit the local museum which is a permanent collection of great work by contemporary glass artists. You can visit various exhibitions by renowned artists in various times of the year. There are free workshops for kids and also adults. If you have interest in art, then this can be a very good opportunity for you to hone your skills.
- Palm Springs Air museum: If you are fond of history or are interested in the WWII war, then you must visit the Palms Spring Air museum which is rated as one of the top Air museums of the world by the CNN channel. This museum, 65,000sq feet exhibits aircrafts that were used in the World War II. They will explain you in details the role of each aircraft and how they were used in winning the war against the enemies.
- Ruddy’s General stores museum: If you are fond of the olden days and nostalgia then you must visit Ruddy’s General stores at least once in your life where you would feel you have time travelled and the items present will date back to the 1930’s. The objects present there are still stored in intact condition preserved inside the originals packing and tinned conditions. Entry price is just a dollar.
- Palm canyon drive: Choose to stroll along the Palm Canyon drive which is the heart of the city where you will find art galleries, shops, restaurants and even more. You will find various kinds of shops that are very popular: Stewart galleries, Imago galleries, Palm Canyon Galleria, Modern Way, Trina Turk residential , Studio 111 Palm springs and even more can be found here.
- Palm Springs visitor centre: Visit the Palm Springs information centre, where you will come across various interesting things. You will find the soaring roof of the Albert Frey’s tramway, the soaring rooftop that welcomes almost 200,000 visitors every year who would stay, play, dine and shop at the Palm Springs. You will get assistance from the guest services staff who can help you with accommodation, shopping, museums, and also dining. Pick up some souvenirs, maps, gift items from the Palms Springs.
- San Gorgino Pass Wind Farm: The San Gorgonio Pass is one of the major wind mill farms in California which is also one of the windiest place in SoCal. This is a picturesque place where you can never restrict yourself from taking breath-taking photographs. Bring a wide lens camera so that you may look smaller and seem closer to the windmills.
- Joshua Tree National park: Visit the Joshua tree National park, which is almost an hour’s drive from the West or the South entrance. Once you trek along the National park, you will love the view of the epic sunset and love to climb the rocks. Visitors come here mainly for climbing rocks and being close to the nature.
- Fan palms at Palm canyon: While you walk the 15 mile long section of the Grand Canyon, you will find the largest Fan Palm Oasis where you can picnic hike the trails and learn some significant details about the Cahuilla Indians. While you adorn the boulevards along the freeway and other spaces, you will love to cherish a visit to the mega popular burger chain.
- Tahquitz canyon waterfall hike: One of the most popular hikes in the area is this 1.7 kms long, easy hike which is one of the most popular kinds in the area. You will be climbing 350 feet steep elevation over the steep terrain and the giant steps. You will see the beautiful Tahquitz canyon waterfall at the end of such a terrain.
- Coachella valley preserve: The Coachella valley preserve is an abode to the hiking preserves and exhibits the exploration. You have a great place to start at the Preserve’s visitor centre, Paul Wilhelm groove. Take a stop at the Palm Oasis which is also popular to the visitors. From this spot you may see the famous Caochella Valley fringe toed lizard. The valley offers various fun filled activities like biking, hiking and horseback riding opportunities which usually attracts a visitor.
- Moorten botanical garden: The Moorten botanical garden can be the best place for a person who has love for cactus. You will find some unique things over here like the ‘Cactus slim’ that preserves the legacy of Patricia and Chester. You will see a greenhouse growing beautiful cactus and other desert plants like the succulents and cacti.
Apart from all the places mentioned above you can visit the Elvis honeymoon hideaway, Cabazon dinosaurs and also plan a visit during the Palms Spring Village Fest. This place will simply not fail to impress a visitor and find a permanent place in your memories. Palms Spring is known for the hot springs, stylish hotels, golf course and also the spas. Also known for the mid- century modern architecture, there are a series of interior shops, vintage boutiques and also restaurants lined up here.