Would you like to travel indefinitely without worrying about running out of money?
You might think this sounds like a pipe dream. But it’s actually a reality for thousands of people around the globe who travel the world for years on end. How do they do it?
These people are called digital nomads. They run their own online businesses from their laptops which means that they can work from anywhere (provided there is an Internet connection!). Would you like to do the same?
Then you should take a look into dropshipping. It’s a low-risk business model that doesn’t require much money to get started with. It’s perfect for your first attempt at entrepreneurship!
What is dropshipping?
Dropshipping is a business model where the dropshipper sells the products while the manufacturer stores them and ships them to the customers.
- The dropshipper is responsible for setting up the online store, choosing what products to sell, marketing those products, taking orders, and handling customer inquiries and complaints.
- The manufacturer is responsible for manufacturing the products, storing them, shipping them to your customers, and handling the returns.
Dropshipping is very low-risk and low-cost because you don’t need to carry any inventory yourself.
Should you dropship?
Dropshipping is well-suited for those want to live a digital nomad lifestyle:
- You can work from anywhere provided you have a computer and an Internet connection. This means that you can live wherever you want!
- You can set your own working hours. Sure, 9-5 works for some, but it’s probably safe to say that most people despise it. Wouldn’t it be better to have a schedule that is tailored specifically to your needs?
- You can take unlimited vacations. When you are working at a regular office job, you can expect to get 4 weeks of vacation a year, if even that. But if you run your own business you can take as much time off as you want!
Want to travel the world indefinitely? Dropshipping can help you do that. So don’t hesitate!
How to start a dropshipping business
Okay, so now you are convinced, and you want to start your own dropshipping business ASAP. What should you do?
- Pick the right niche. Deciding what to sell is the most important business decision that you will ever make (no pressure!). I suggest you to look for products that you are both passionate about and that sell well. Take a close look at the niche that you are considering. Are there business that are doing really well in it? Don’t be scared of competition because it means that there’s a legitimate demand!
- Set up your store. Get a domain name, set up a Shopify store, and install the Oberlo plugin. Then, explore AliExpress, and add products to your store. Finally, use a Logo creator online to create your logo. Voila. You have an online store now. Congratulations!
- Promote your products. You know that saying “If you build it, they will come”? It’s a complete lie! The reality is that if you want to build a profitable business you will have to put in a lot of effort into marketing. So get on social media, start running Facebook ads, reach out to Instagram influencers… Do whatever it takes to get your products in front of your potential customers!
I understand that all this might seem a bit intimidating. However, remember that all the successful dropshippers started exactly where you are right now, and they managed to build profitable businesses!
You only live once. Do you really want to spend the rest of your life working 9-5? There’s more to life than that!
So make a decision to build your own business and really commit to it. Yes, I know it’s hard, especially when you have a full-time job already, but you can find the time if you prioritize it. And don’t look for shortcuts. Be willing to put in the work!
It might take you a long time to get to the point where your business can replace your salary. However, once you get there, your life will change forever. You will be able to travel for as long as you want without a care in the world!