Hawaii is a popular vacation destination, and while the island of Kauai isn’t as well-known as some of the other islands, its position as the fourth most-visited Hawaiian island means that you don’t have to worry about tourist crowds. Deciding which island is worth visiting may be daunting, so here are some reasons why you should choose Kauai as your next travel destination.
If you’re a fan of beaches, Kauai has more beach-filled coastlines than any other Hawaiian island.
- The North Shore of Kauai has some great hidden beaches and beautiful mountain scenery to explore, though be ready to deal with some rainy weather.
- The main attraction on the West Shore of Kauai is the Waimea Canyon, which is is a breathtaking sight that measures ten miles long.
- The South Shore of Kauai stays sunny all year around, making it the most popular area.
- Poipu Beach on the South Shore of Kauai was ranked by The Travel Channel as the number one beach in the United States. When choosing a Kauai resort to visit, Poipu Beach has a great number of choices.
Kauai is home to a wide assortment of wildlife. These include:
- Ocean life including monk seals, sea turtles, whales, and dolphins
- Tropical birds, song birds, and feral chickens
- Other animals, such as feral goats, pigs, deer, and cows
- More endangered species than any other place in the world
On the other hand, you may also be pleased by what doesn’t reside there, such as snakes or poisonous spiders.
There’s a huge array of activities available in Kauai. If you enjoy shopping, you will be right at home with both small local shops as well as chain stores like Walmart. If you prefer more action, you can also try:
- Horseback riding
- Zip lining
Additionally, you can take tours in off-road vehicles and ATVs, or you can even take a helicopter ride for a high-up view. You shouldn’t miss seeing at least one of Kauai’s beautiful waterfalls, and you will be kicking yourself if you leave Hawaii without attending a luau!
Kauai is well-known for its fun water activities, which should be no surprise given the location. These include:
- Sail boating
- Deep sea fishing
- Going on a cruise
These are great ways to see more of Kauai and have a fun adventure to boot. You can also go snorkeling and see all of the beautiful tropical fish found in the region. If you’d like something more relaxing, you can try a tubing adventure and take in the beautiful mountains of Kauai. Finally, you can top your day off by going on a dinner cruise or whale watching.
It’s a great family destination
Kauai has so much to offer for people of all ages. There are beaches and playgrounds designed for younger children, and activities like boogie boarding, snorkeling, and whale watching that the whole family can enjoy.
Kauai is a dream vacation that you shouldn’t miss out on. With great Kauai resorts to visit and a huge range of activities to enjoy, it’s the perfect place to go on vacation.