Summer is here again. The time has come to take a break from the oppressive heat and make a dash for somewhere where the weather is perfect and there are lots of beautiful places to have fun, relax and rewind. The Caribbean islands fit this description perfectly, so check out vacation packages to resorts in the Caribbean this summer for the perfect family holiday with children or a romantic getaway for just the two of you.
Here are some of the best destinations for a vacation package this summer.
- Punta Cana, Dominican Republic: Punta Cana in Dominican is the favorite haunt of avid golfers in the Caribbean and one of the best golf destinations in the world. It is also the perfect getaway for a romantic couple or a family with children. In the day you can go to the beach and swim in the calm and water and then soak up the sun while lying on the beautiful white sand. If you feel adventurous, you can explore the magically beautiful lagoons of the Indigenous Eyes Ecological Park. At night, you can enjoy a cultural performance in the resort before going to bed in anticipation of yet another perfect day.
- Negril, Jamaica: If you like the sea and sun, then Negril in Jamaica is the perfect place for you. This little resort town is endowed with some of the most beautiful coastlines in the world. The most popular among them is the Seven Mile Beach which is covered with golden sand perfect for lying down and soaking up the sun and the warm water of the Caribbean Sea is just great for swimming. If you are up to it, you can dive into the Blue Hole Mineral Spring and then end the day with a relaxing drink at the beachfront bar.
- Nassau, Bahamas: Capital of Bahamas, a former British Colony, Nassau has a charming mix of Caribbean and British flavor. It has miles and miles of spectacularly beautiful sun-kissed beaches with golden sands and coral reefs teeming with marine life. If you like snorkeling or want to try, then the coral reefs provide the perfect venue. When you are not on the beach or among the coral reefs, you can go shopping and sightseeing to discover the city’s colonial past.
- Oranjestad, Aruba: If you care for a little Dutch flavor in the middle of the Caribbean, then you should go to Oranjestad (the name of the place is a straight giveaway). But the real reason the place is so popular is that it is packed with casinos, dance clubs, restaurants and bars. After you have had your fill of gambling, dancing and dining, you can go sightseeing to see the art galleries, museum, butterfly farm and the distinctly orange buildings from the Dutch colonial era.
- Havana, Cuba: Trapped in time because of Fidel Castro’s whim, Havana is a quaintly beautiful city that will capture your imagination. Ride in taxis that look like relics of the past, walk down the streets and feel like you have travelled to another time and visit the colonial era buildings that have survived the revolution. At night you can shop in the open-air bazaars, listen to salsa music and then dance till you drop in parties that last throughout the night.
Some of the other amazing summer vacation destinations in the Caribbean are San Juan in Puerto Rico, Ocho Rios in Jamaica, Valdera in Cuba and St. John in Antigua. The region is practically filled with hundreds of incredibly beautiful places where you can have the perfect summer holiday of your life. But you will be lost without help from a reliable and experience tour operator, so click here to check out your dream vacation packages to resorts in the Caribbean.
About the author: Riley Gladstone is a freelance travel writer, who loves to share her travel experiences. You can find more of her travel tips on her blog TripHole.com