If you’re into windsurfing then you probably already know some of the hottest surfing destinations on the planet. But what about those awesome surfing locations that you haven’t checked out, until now…
7. Dahab, Egypt – A great year-round destination with warm waters and good winds, Dahab offers windsurfers a sheltered lagoon. The beach boasts plenty of windsurfing centers and for the strongest winds, hit Dahab in summer.
6. Caberete, Dominican Republic – Caberete is blessed with Eastern Trade winds which are year-round and coupled with warm waters and there are some great windsurfing schools making Caberete great for beginners as well.
5. Cape Town, South Africa – Beginner and expert windsurfers alike will love Cape Town where there is a large range of opportunities from massive Atlantic Ocean waves to sheltered serene lakes and lagoons.
4. Tarifa, Andalucía, Spain – The town of Tarifa benefits from the east and west winds that blow along the shore from the Straits of Gibraltar. There is a wide bay which draws kite surfers and windsurfers alike and the warm year-round waters are a bonus.
3. Jomtien Beach, Pattaya, Thailand – Fancy a location with a 6km long windsurfing opportunity, consistent winds and waves of up to 1.5 meters? Then check out Jomtien Beach which has Thai Golf winds and monsoon winds during October and June.
2. Le Morne, Port Louis, Mauritius – Combine a vacation with some windsurfing opportunities in the shallow and flat Le Morne lagoon. This is also a great place to learn to windsurf and the trade winds are pretty consistent too, with around 300 windy days a year.
1. Portland Harbor, Weymouth, UK – Calling all serious windsurfers, kite surfers and speedsailers, Weymouth is one of the UK’s most famous spots, thanks to steady winds from the south east. There are also water sports centers and the major international and national water sports events draw huge crowds.