You should have the Eiffel tower as a tourist destination on your bucket list. However, to get to this place, you’ll need a well-thought plan to make your visit memorable, notably during the festivities. Read on and find some of the guidelines to visit the place, how you can save time on your visit, and learn about the entrance fees.
Grab your Eiffel tower tickets earlier to avoid missing out on special tours to the magical tower.
What’s the Location of The Eiffel Tower?
The Eiffel Tower is situated on the northern side of the Champ de Mars, a lovely recreational center,it’s,in the Paris seventh arrondissement. The tower is siatutaed at the Pont d’Iéna and the Quai Branly meeting point.
You cannot miss the famous Eiffel tower when you are at the recreation center. It’s what will capture your views! Indeed, as you tour Paris, you’ll presumably end up getting a glimpse of it from all through the city.
How can You get to the tower?
There are various ways of getting to the Eiffel Tower in Paris. You can use private cars, public transport, touring buses, or you can opt for day tours or waterway boats.
Public Transport to Eiffel Tower
This is presumably the most effective method for showing up at the Eiffel Tower as you won’t stress over time restrictions or looking for parking spots. You can undoubtedly get to the tower using a public bus, Metro, or commuter rail.
Eiffel Tower via Commuter Rail or Metro
There is one commuter rail and three metro stations situated within walking distance of the tower. This way you don’t have to worry if you fear long walks:
- Commuter rail Line C terminus at Champ de Mars and its known as Tour Eiffel which is within a 7-minute walk
- Nation – Charles de Gaulle Etoile or Line 6 terminus at Bir-Hakeim located within a 7-minute walk
- Balard – Créteil or Line 8 terminus at Ecole Militaire which is within 18-minute walk
- Pont de Sévres or Line 9 Mairie de Montreuil at Trocadéro terminus with a 10 minute walk
Eiffel Tower Tour via Public Bus
There are a few bus stations located close to the Eiffel Tower:
- Transport 42, bus terminus: “visit Eiffel” situated within a 7-minute walk
- Transport 69, bus terminus: “Champ de Mars” situated within a 5-minute walk
- Transport 82, bus terminus: “Champ de Mars” or “visit Eiffel,” which is within a 6-minute walk
- Transport 87, bus terminus: “Champ de Mars” and it is within a 4-minute walk to the tower
Eiffel Tower via River Boat
You can get to the Eiffel tower if you are looking to supplement your tour using a boat also to sight Paris while cruising. There is a common stop for drops and pick up those who prefer using boats near the tower. It will take you less than five minutes to the tower walking from the drop-off point.
Eiffel Tower via Car
There are several parking slots closer to Eiffel tower. However, parking spaces within the city are a bit more expensive, and you can avoid this by getting parking garages further away from Paris, which will be less expensive.
Here are some parking garages you can use with your car.
- Pullman parking at 18 avenues de Suffren place, it’s within a 6-minute walk from the Eiffel Tower.
- Bouvard parking at 443 Avenue Joseph Bouvard – this lies within an 8-minute walk from the tower
- Joffre Ecole Militaire at 2 place Joffre – this parking spot lies within a 13-minute walk to the tower
- Quai Branly at 25 Quai Branly – this parking is usually open 24hrs a day and its a 7-minute walk from the tower
- Sainte omnique parking gargare at 133 rue Sainte Dominique – this spot is an 11-minute walk from the tower
Before you park in these garages, you better have read some guidelines for parking in Paris.
Do You Pay Fees to Visit the Eiffel Tower?
You can access the Champs de Mars recreational center free, where the Eiffel tower is situated, and from the area, there is a clear view of the Eiffel tower. However, there are security checks and stops which you have to pass through to walk to the tower.
You will have to pay fees if you have to walk to the tower and go on top of it. There are several location to pay your fees depending on how many you are and other factors.
The access fees also vary depending on what level you wish to access, whether you will use an elevator or take the stairs.
Here is an approximate price list:
- Access to the top of the tower using a lift price range is 6.50€ for children between ages 4-11 including, disabled visitors but they must have proper documentation, 12.90€ for ages 12-24, and 25.60€ for adults.
- Using stairs, it costs 25.60€ for adults, 6.50€ for children aged 4-11 and 12.80€ for ages 12-24, to the top.
There are different pricing for different floors and how long you will be visiting the tower. Using this guide, you can now tour this famous tourist attraction and know how to save time and get to the tower with less effort. Alternatively, you can use touring services. You can’t visit Paris, without sightseeing the Eiffel Tower!