In recent years, Dubai has become the preferred destination for luxury travelers, fancy shoppers, and opulent yacht owners. Because of the country’s world-class architecture, modern facilities, picturesque coastline, bustling marinas, safe anchorage areas, and fun land-based experiences, it has become a sought-after attraction.
One of the business cards of Dubai is the service of superyachts or simple yachts. If you want to experience this wealthy city on a yacht, check out Ahoy Club yacht charters. Most travelers can try this entertainment, choosing the appropriate vessel for their taste and preferences. There are yachts for those who lead (or want to try to lead) a luxurious lifestyle, as well as more affordable options. However, in any case, before visiting you will be able to get acquainted with the whole area, price offers and what their size depends on.
Although there is a base price for each yacht, depending on additional costs and increased comfort, the price will vary. This article provides you a brief overview of the prices of Dubai motor yacht charter prices.
The basic component of the cost of the yacht
It is clear that each of the yachts, depending on the type, size, condition and other characteristics will have different base prices. The price for renting small yachts or catamarans per week will reach $ 10,000 or more. If you decide to rent a luxury motor yacht, then expect that a week of renting it will cost you at least $ 150,000.
The total price of a yacht will depend on several factors, ranging from the type of yacht itself, the amount of local taxes, ending with the trajectory of the trip and the destination.
The average cost of renting a motor yacht.
Depending on the type of vessel and the term of the lease you will have to pay a different price.
On average, renting a 100-foot motor yacht for a week costs between $ 50,000 and $ 100,000.
If you consider the hourly cost of renting a yacht in the UAE, they lie depending on its size at:
- Hours for renting a 55-foot yacht: $ 100-250
- Hours for renting a 62-foot yacht: $ 200 – $ 400
- Hours for renting a 77-foot yacht: $ 250-550
- Hours for renting an 88-foot yacht: $ 400-800
- Hours for renting a 101-foot yacht: $ 400 – $ 1,200
Keep in mind that prices may also depend on the cruise package and vary from company to company.
Each of the yacht charter agreements may differ in its financial side. There are agreements that will include everything, and there are those that all additional costs are included in separate items in the invoice. In the case of the all-inclusive option, the price depends on the number of guests who will be present, the rental time and route (to calculate the cost of fuel), and sometimes the package takes into account some drinks and food, taxes and the cost of the berth. In the case of the option when all additional costs are taken into account when calculating individual items together with the base price of charters.
Factors which determine the price of renting a motor yacht depends
Almost all of the available charter motor yachts are privately owned, so fluctuations in conditions strongly and quickly affect the price. Among the main factors are the following:
- Season. The hot season usually helps to increase the price. Due to the influx of tourists in the season from September to March, it will be more likely to find customers regardless of price. Therefore, prices will often be higher at these times. In addition, holidays like Christmas and New Year tend to pull prices up.
- Destination. The further away the destination is, the more time and fuel you will spend on the way. Destinations in North America and Australia are the most expensive, while those in Africa and Asia are lower in comparison.
- Characteristics of the vessel. Motor yachts are characterized by different capacities, years of construction, owners and are produced by different companies. Each of these characteristics affects the price. In addition, each of the yachts has its own reputation, so the more renowned yachts will be more expensive by default. Of course, newer yachts can be more costly, but you have to consider the experience of the vessel in terms of reliability when traveling to distant destinations.
- Reserve and advance reserves. An advance reserve (APA) is the current expenses you pay. Usually such costs are 25-35% of the base price and can be sent before the start of the charter or replenished during the charter. Upon arrival, you will receive a statement of this account, and if there are free funds on it, they will be returned to you.
- Taxes and value added tax (VAT). You need to be prepared that some companies do not include taxes in the cost of the charter. Therefore, you will need to pay extra for them. Their value does not depend on the total cost of services provided, but depends on the destination.
- Insurance. If you want to insure yourself in any case during your trip, including canceling the charter and some other significant changes, then insurance will be a great choice. Travel insurance will cushion the risks you face during the trip. A comprehensive insurance plan includes medical insurance in case you get sick or sustain an injury while on vacation. This will cover emergency medical expenses, including doctor’s fees, laboratory tests, and medications. However, note that travel medical insurance does not usually cover emergency medical costs due to intoxication-related injuries. But on the whole, insurance will give you peace of mind so you can enjoy your trip and not worry about any untoward incident that may occur.
- Laundry and dry cleaning. The basic cost of any charter package includes cleaning your room, room maintenance and hygiene and cleanliness of your bed. However, if you want to clean your personal belongings, you will have to pay extra for it. Please note that standard services are available on any vessel, but dry cleaning and service for delicate items are not available everywhere.
- A compliment to the crew. It is not necessary to tip the crew, but it is highly welcome. In cases where the crew has provided excellent service, then it can be rewarded with a tip of 15% -20% of the charter rate at the end of the charter.
- Delivery. If you plan to use the yacht for delivery outside its usual route, you should additionally cover the cost of fuel used for delivery.
- Communications. Some charters may provide you with satellite and internet access at an additional cost when traveling.
Now that you know what to expect when renting a motor yacht in Dubai and what might influence the price of your trip, you can search for your tour. For example, you can check the offer of the company CharterClick at https://charterclick.com which has a wide array of superb motor yachts to choose from.