Do you want to travel, but because of the pandemic, you cannot do this. Or you need to work, and the vacation is so far away? Now you don’t have to pack your bags, call the train stations and buy tickets, and you don’t even have to try to take time off from work: all the most amazing and mesmerizing objects are right on the screen of your computer or phone in real-time. Online travel and virtual tours are free. Travel the world without spending a penny on tours and excursions.
Different angels of landmark
You can watch the life of the famous square in real-time with Time Square live cam. Millions of tourists come here to see firsthand what they have seen many times in films and television plots, what they know from descriptions in numerous novels. Times Square houses Broadway theaters, branded stores, numerous eateries and cafes (Hard Rock Café), as well as various entertainment (Madame Tussauds) and skyscrapers. The studio of the famous TV channel ABC is also located here. Famous buildings – Paramount Building (a structure with a globe and a clock), Condé Nast Building. Hotels around it have been operating for more than a dozen years. Look at you too, at least out of simple curiosity.
Several cameras installed here, allowing you to look at the landmark from different angles:
- The broadcast was conducted from the intersection of 7th Avenue and st. Broadway, at a reasonably high altitude. Every few minutes the camera turns and shows the area from the other side, higher or lower, closer or further.
- Medium shot. This camera shows a little closer and oriented towards its central part: you can see the road, the intersection, the buildings sparkling with advertising. The picture zooms in or out from time to time.
- The Broadway camera zooms in to see people walking down the street. Usually, all the tourists walk slowly and examine, and the locals quickly run across this area. The webcam is installed in the central part at a height of several meters.
- Panoramic video (south side). This online camera in New York is installed on one of the city’s high-rise buildings. The skyscrapers surrounding the square are visible here, and in the center is the famous One Times Square with advertising screens.
- Panoramic video (north side) shows a view similar to the previous camera but from the opposite side of the street.
During the day, Times Square does not shine as spectacularly as it does in the evening when the advertising lights are burning brightly. Many tourists want their message to appear on one of the screens. Usually, these are marriage proposals or some announcements.
Thanks to webcams in Times Square, the live stream helps to represent the scale of the place. It is clear from the video that the square is a bright and iconic place with crowds of people and cars, surrounded by rushing tops of buildings and illuminated billboards.