Do you want to celebrate Christmas in a totally new way? How about spending Christmas at the beach? Sounds impossible? Well, not if you visit the land down under. It’s summer in Australia during this season so if you want to skip the cold Christmas, head to Australia for an unusual Christmas holiday at the beach.
Celebrating the holiday season on the beautiful beaches of Australia is a great idea for the whole family. The kids will definitely enjoy playing in the water while you and your significant other can enjoy a romantic candlelit dinner by the shore. And on Christmas day, you can even have a barbecue feast while sipping some ice-cold beer or wine.
Are you up for this type of Christmas Holiday celebration? You better prepare your packing now. Forget about thick jackets and coats, scarves, hats and gloves because celebrating Christmas in Australia is will be hot! Here are some essential items that you should bring with you on your holiday trip on the beach:
- Gifts- Just because you are celebrating Christmas at the beach, doesn’t mean you should skip the typical Christmas tradition. Exchange gifts with your friends or loved ones and have fun guessing what’s inside the box. A luxury diving watch like Seamaster is a sure surprise!
- Sunblock lotion – it’s Christmas time in a few days indeed but when you go to Australia, the scorching heat of the sun will be there to welcome you. It is best that you bring your supply of sunblock lotion and moisturizer to protect your skin from the sun. If your skin gets easily cracked or dry under the sun, experts suggest to use emulsifying ointment like Kenkay, to soothe the pain. Make sure to apply skin protection every time you go out or especially when spending time at the beach.
- Hand towels and beach towels – you will definitely need some beach towels in this vacation and if you’re travelling with kids and toddlers, a supply of hand towels is very important. Buy high quality, soft and hypoallergenic materials. You know how kids are always running and playing, so you need towels to keep them dry and clean all the time.
- Swimsuits – of course, you’ll be going to the beach so you need your swimsuits. Be sure to pack your kids swimming gear too.
- Sunglasses – to keep you protected from the sun and at the same to help you stay fashionable in your holiday getaway, it’s great to bring your sunglasses or shades with you.
- Hats – another accessory that will keep you in style during your Christmas holiday in the beach is a hat. Bring different hats that can go well with your outfits. It will also be very useful to cover your face and neck from too much sun exposure.
- Camera – last but certainly not the least, you should bring your camera with you. This is to capture those once in a lifetime moments with your family in a foreign land like Australia. Make every moment count and don’t forget to take lots of pictures!