Everybody wants to travel the world and see wonders such as Niagara Falls, Machu Picchu and the Colosseum, but that’s not always an option when you want your beloved family pet to join the fun too. While there are so many destinations to choose from when planning your trip, don’t overlook the beauty of enjoying dog friendly holiday cottages in the United Kingdom.
Sometimes it’s nice to have a break with your entire household, even if you are going to Australia without your pet at some stage. You can of course take your pet abroad but this can be a hassle, or you can check them into a dog hotel, but we will run through some of the best holiday cottages to rent in the UK when you are taking your dog with you.
• Old Tudor Cottage Annexe, Henfield – Pet friendly with an open fire and just 10 miles from Brighton, this cosy cottage in a rural village is the perfect spot for a comfortable and enjoyable stay. Next to the River Adur, and with a whole host of footpaths to cover in West Sussex there is so much to explore. With wildlife and grasslands to enjoy and a vibrant village to see, there are restaurants and pubs to enjoy at your leisure. Sleeping two, they welcome two well behaved dogs.
• The Poppies, Scarborough – From here we head up to the North York Moors and the Scarborough coastline. Sleeping six, this Victorian terraced cottage is a perfect base for the whole family. The seaside town is very popular in the summer, and the castle, beaches and parks that can be enjoyed make it ideal for everyone. This is one of the many cottages to rent in Yorkshire that you can find online.
• Fairway, Deganwy Cottage, Deganwy – It’s time to head to North Wales, and Colwyn Bay is a great spot for the whole family. This attractive cottage boasts a magnificent view from which you can see the Conway estuary, and the castle, in the distance. Another property that can sleep six, there are a number of beaches for one and all to enjoy. This is a small village but with big scenery. Less than five miles from Llandudno, this is a top holiday resort in Snowdonia.
• The Barn, Staffin – Found on the Isle of Skye, this cottage has been refurbished and is well equipped to sleep three people plus a well behaved pet. With a coastal location, there is a tranquil village to enjoy with lots of walking routes and sandy beaches to take in – plus, it’s only three miles to the pub!
• Mountain View Lodge, Kilmacthomas – Our final suggestion comes from Ireland, and this place may be a good spot for extended family to come too. Sleeping 14, you can have pets and it also boasts an open fire. This town is on the River Mahon and is well-known for the picturesque Mahon falls that are close by. The attractive town of Dungarvan is 15 miles away and you can get to the historic city of Waterford easily.