One of the issues to come out of the recent Iceland volcano situation is that of travel insurance payouts. For all those weary travelers hoping to reclaim costs for accommodation, car hire, flights etc could well find themselves out of pocket due to their insurance companies refusing to pay out.
Whether you’ve been affected by Eyjafjallajokull (pronounced ay-yah-FYAH-lah-yer-kuhl by the way!) or not, it still pays to check your travel insurance documents for future reference and these are the top 10 reasons that UK travel insurance companies won’t pay out;
1. Not checking in for a flight
2. Not declaring a previous medical condition
3. Incorrect descriptions of door locks (if your home should be broken into whilst traveling)
4. Leaving items unattended
Make sure you secure the best travel insurance deal and check out that small print! We’ve also produced a massive list of tips and advice on saving serious money on travel.
5. Drinking when on holiday
6. Failing to notify the police
7. Announcing that you are on holiday on social networking websites
8. Visiting the Channel Islands uninsured (Jersey, Guernsey, Sark, Alderney and Herm are all outside the EU)
Add your own tips and experiences in the comments section. Thanks to the Telegraph for the information.