According to travel industry experts the adventure travel sector is predicted to increase by 70% over the next three years, according to a YouGov survey. Adventure tours are incredibly accessible now and are suitable for families, professionals, and the over 50’s and in fact anyone that is looking to break out of the package holiday rut. So what are you waiting for, make your next holiday a real adventure tour instead with these inspiring tours;
1. Tanzania – Jet off for a weekend safari, watch the awesome migration or relax and gaze down at the fascinating wildlife on a balloon safari – just a few of the many Tanzania adventure travel activities.
2. Greece – literally brimming with history and culture, Greece is a great destination for history buffs and with all those islands, there are plenty of options for watersports and outdoor activities as well.
3. New Zealand – See the real life landscapes of New Zealand which featured in the Lord of the Rings films and journey through the North and South islands.
4. Nepal – An adventure travel challenge doesn’t come much bigger than tackling Everest and Annapurna. Nepal has so much to offer in addition to amazing hiking and trekking opportunities such as ancient cultures and rafting expeditions.
5. Cambodia – Go trekking, play golf and explore the majestic temples of Cambodia. You can also cycle the country and explore by motorbike and if that’s too much adventure for you then relax on Cambodia’s pretty beaches.
6. Argentina – Travel to the colorful vibrant country of Argentina and soak up the mighty Iguazú Falls, Buenos Aires, glaciers, wine, tango and trekking opportunities.
7. Turkmenistan – Really get off the well worn tourist trail in Turkmenistan, a country full of rich ethnic traditions, world-famous carpets, moon-like landscapes, newly-discovered ancient civilizations, spectacular Islamic monuments and deserted caravan cities – the lost world of Central Asia.