Our 2024 PureTravel Writing Competition will open again in a few weeks – bookmark this page to get full details when it goes live with all the details
We’re currently deciding on the theme for 2024 and its going to be fun!
If you missed the 2023 results here is the link to the winning article:
Remember, we support the work of the leading UK conservation charity Explorers Against Extinction, so by entering, you are supporting their work (don’t worry, its still free.)
The Judge: Jeremy Lazell
Jeremy Lazell worked for eight years as a trekking guide before turning to writing, a decision he’s had plenty of time to regret while sleeping in a hammock 200ft up in the Borneo rainforest for the Sunday Times, all but drowning in Scotland while rafting for GQ, and hooking nothing but his own cheek while fishing in Belize for Food & Travel. Based at the foot of the Scottish Highlands, where he lives with his wife and three boys, Jeremy writes about 90% of his material for the Sunday Times Travel Section, specialising in adventure travel, family holidays, and whatever round-ups help pay the bills. He has also worked for Conde Nast Traveller and Esquire magazines.
Terms and Conditions.
1. The competition is open to entrants worldwide aged 18 and over, with the exception of employees of PureTravel, their immediate families, agents, or anyone else associated with administration of this competition.
2. Closing date for receipt of all entries is midnight GMT on 30th September 2024.
3. There is one prize consisting of US$ 500.
4. To enter, send your article of 350+ words, to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, email address and telephone number. Please paste your text in to the email body. Do not send attachments.
5. The initial short list of 10 will be selected on merit by a panel of judges appointed by PureTravel. The winner will then be selected by one independent judge.
7. The winner will be announced on Friday 29th November 2024 on the PureTravel website.
8. PureTravel will have the right to publish all entries on its website. Articles will be removed from the PureTravel website on request. The writer retains all rights to their entry beyond its publication on the PureTravel web site.
9. Entries limited to two per person.
10. E-mail addresses will be only be used by PureTravel for their own newsletter which can be opted out of. They will not be disclosed to any other parties.
11. There is no alternative to the prize offered and the prize is non–transferable.
12. If for any reason a winner is unable to take the prize as offered, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to the next best entry.
13. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. The winner agrees to participate in any reasonable publicity required by the Promoter.
PureTravel Ltd, Registered Address: Happisburgh, Norwich, Norfolk, NR12 0QQ