The following are the tips for first time travellers to USA. The USA is now welcoming many tourists from the UAE, so now is the right to visit and enjoy.
As the end of the pandemic is nearing, the US has opened its gate for travellers. Individuals planning to make a trip to the US but unaware of the visa process, this is the right place to get your questions answered.
Now getting a US tourist visa is comparatively more complicated than most other visas. So, here are a few things to do when applying for a US tourist visa.
- Apply for a non-immigrant visa, which is basically like a tourist visa in other words. If one is travelling for touring purposes they should apply for this type of visa.
- Next is the DS-160 form and this is an extremely piece of document one needs to apply for. If the DS-160 form is not applied for and filled, one cannot apply for a visa.
- Make it a point to fill out the DS-160 form on your own and not hand it over to an agent or third party to do so. This is because what information is given on the form, is what’s asked during the visa interview process.
- Those facing difficulties filling the form can look at videos on YouTube for assistance as there are multiple tutorial videos/guides to help fill the form.
- Be sure to visit the U.S Department of State page to know more about what to do when applying for a different kind of visa apart from the tourist visa.
- Once the DS-160 form has been filled, travellers need to pay a certain amount as fees. The amount can change depending on the prevailing conditions.
- Once the fee is paid, travellers can get an appointment for their US visa interview.
- There is a website to be visited where the appointment is booked. This can be done with the help of a travel agent if the details can be found on the U.S Department of State page.
- There are two appointments, one to get the biometrics taken and verified and the other is a personal interview at the US embassy.
- Attestation form stating that one is fully vaccinated and is carrying a negative RT PCR test.
- Carry a verified covid vaccination certificate and RT PCR test results done within 48 hours.
- Fully vaccinated individuals need not carry an RT PCR test any longer.
- These need to be presented at the check-in counter only after which will the traveller get their boarding pass
VFS Global/ OFC
- This is where travellers will give their biometrics, their fingerprints, and a picture.
- It is recommended to book the PFC and interview appointment closer to each other so travellers need not visit the embassy multiple times.
- Documents to carry when going for the VFS are the US tourist visa application fee receipt, the DS-160 confirmed form, the appointment confirmation form, and a valid passport.
- This is the most important process of getting a US visa. Travellers need to make sure they arrive at the US embassy at least 45 to 60 minutes before their appointment time.
- Four important documents are required during the interview process – Your passport, passport size pictures, DS-160 confirmation, and appointment confirmation.
- Be extremely confident during the interview, don’t get nervous as that could hinder one’s chances of getting a visa.
- Assure the interviewer that the reason to travel is only for tourism and not for any other purpose.
Travel tips for first-timers travelling to the USA
When visiting the states travellers will notice that most gas stations will require you to pay in advance before you get the fuel. To do this, one requires a credit card, unfortunately, international credit cards are not recognised so instead travellers can pay the cashier at the station and they use their card.
Pullover by the Police
When pulled over by a police officer, it’s extremely important to stay seated in the car and keep your hands on the steering wheel. Do not do anything else unless instructed by you else the situation could escalate real fast. To avoid any such instance it is better to hire a local driver or book a tour with a guide.
It is basically disregarding the law and crossing the street outside of the crosswalk or when the crossing signal is red. It is mainly enforced on busy roads as it’s meant to keep individuals from crossing the street when they are likely to be hit by a car and cause a disruption in the flow of traffic. Be extremely cautious of this as police officers usually hang around the curb to catch people jaywalking.
The tipping culture in the US can be confusing. The customary tip is generally 15%-20% at restaurants and bars, it’s often unclear in other scenarios like valet parking, cafes, and hotels. Keep in mind that servers typically make less than minimum wage which means that the tips are major components of their wages.
Without further ado, book a ticket to the states to experience the origin of western culture that has taken over the world.