Referred to as the Lion City in the world, Singapore is a place for all. It is an attraction that captures your attention and provides you with a sense of serenity, away from your daily commotion induced life. The cosmopolitan city-state is one of the leading economies in the world, especially in the banking and shipping sectors. Although the city is expensive, when compared to other South-eastern Asian regions, it provides a worthwhile experience for friends, families and couples alike.
Over the years, Singapore has become massive tourist attraction owing to its wide-ranging diversity and locations. If you and your family are planning to go on a trip to Singapore, then you need to be aware of the city to experience an unforgettable journey. There are a vast number of things to do in Singapore and here is a guide for all:
Unlike its neighborhood countries, accommodation cost is on the expensive side in Singapore. One needs to pay somewhere around 16-18 SGD per night to avail a bed at a standard low-maintenance hotel. These hotels are most likely to offer you with free breakfast, WiFi functionality and other common amenities. Moving on, if you are in need of other comforts like AC, TV and private bathrooms, you would find some 2-star hotels costing around 45 SGD per night. The rate goes only higher for large hotels.
Singapore is a heaven for avid food lovers. It boasts food from every region of the world, especially Indian and Chinese. Its delicious and varied range of cuisines are a must try for families and kids. The local cuisines have the perfect blend of spices and ingredients to fulfill the desires of your taste buds. The low cost eateries around the streets in Singapore cost around 6 SGD per meal, whereas the casual restaurant prices range in between 20-25 SGD. Following this, you’ll find high class quality restaurants in abundance that have a family-friendly ambience and environment.
Why Singapore is the best place for Families?
Singapore has been long known as the cleanest city in the world and it is tough to argue that point. The city is less congested, has an organized transportation system and is safe for women and children alike. The city has made it a point to maintain its tag as the cleanest city and you will find continuous patrolling of dirt after every hour in the streets and even the lakes.
In addition to these, there are a wide range of activities which families can engage into in Singapore. It caters to the demand of each family member, from kids to adults. The place is lush green, eco-friendly and designed with thought and precision.
Places to Visit in Singapore
- Breakfast with Orangutans – Yes, it is only in Singapore where you can have a buffet breakfast and enjoy the fun antics of Orungutans.
- Gardens by the Bay – This horticulture destination is a family paradise with its interactive playgrounds and water parks.
- Supertree Grove – Enjoy the spectacular view of this place by walking on the elevated broadway and prepare to be amazed.
- Chinatown – Live and feel the colors of this decorated and eventful market in Singapore and add on to your shopping collection as well.
- Visit Seragoon in Singapore – You won’t get enough of the variety you will find at Seragoon. From enjoying rare craft beers to watching movies on rooftop, there is a lot you can do here with your family.
These places are just a hint of what the city holds. Make sure to place Singapore at your preferred vacation destination list the next time you plan to go out with your family. It is true to state that the city of Singapore never disappoints!