Have you been searching for a holiday destination?? Not getting the time to enjoy with family because of work pressure? Then you must go to Lisbon to get escape all your tensions. This beautiful place will make you fall in love with it. It is the largest city in Portugal covering an area of eighty-four square kilometers ranking as the eleventh most populated area in Europe. This city has got everything in it. This city excels at finance, entertainment, arts, education, sport, and tourism. Most of its economy comes from tourism. Even the history is ancient - all the funerary monuments in the city are built by pre-Celtic tribes who came during the Neolithic period. The climate of this place keeps on changing. Winters are mild whereas summer can go from warm to hot. If you want to read more about trip you can find more assay here
Introduction to Lisbon
This city is called a city of seas and explorers. It is called a city of seas because most of it is covered with sea and it's located at the mouth of the Tagus River. It is called as the city of explorers because the world’s greatest explorers made this place as their home. These include Vasco Da Gama, Magellan, and Prince Henry. It is also named as the first true world city. The reason behind giving this name was the expansion of the empire over major continents. Visit Lisbon and check out the world’s great monuments, bridges, and seas. This is the only city in Europe with sunset at sea.
For what Lisbon is famous for?
Lisbon attractions: The attraction of this place is in the monuments, colorful streets, and squares. For the people of Lisbon, Belem tower is like the Eiffel tower of Paris. Belem tower is very famous and popular Lisbon landmark.
Lisbon museums: Museums in Lisbon consist of antique treasures, classic art by masters and some spectacular unbeatable collections.
Lisbon shopping: Shopping streets are the craziest part of Lisbon as well as the tourists. There is a huge selection.
Lisbon beaches: Lie down on the sand dunes and experience the world’s most famous waves in Lisbon. This is the most adventurous thing to do in Lisbon. For the better views of the ocean you can even can book a hotel at nearby beach locations.
Coast tourism: The Lisbon coastline includes fairytale palaces such as Sintra and sandy beaches . The above-mentioned things are prime things to do in Lisbon if you are coming for a short trip.
Nightlife in Lisbon: This place is famous for its restaurants and best wining and dining in and around the world. In Lisbon, life starts at night. Here, the sunset means the starting of a new day. It is all about bar hopping,eating delicious food, listening to great music (including traditional fado) and dancing the whole night away.
- Know The Best Time To Visit: Visiting Lisbon is highly recommended from March to May. Also, September to October is the best time to visit this place. During this time, the weather is warm with cheaper hotel rates and there are fewer crowds during the summer to enjoy the beach.
- Get Connected: If you’re traveling with family and friends, it’s important to get connected since mobile connectivity is very important for business-related trips. For seamless connectivity, using their local SIM cards is highly recommended. The major mobile SIM options you can choose from when traveling in Portugal include MEO and Vodafone.
- Stay Fashionable: The clothing style in Lisbon is pretty casual. However, one thing you need to keep in mind is that this city is still a European country. For this reason, you don’t have to hesitate to add dressy elements when selecting what to wear. Leggings or tights and dresses are a perfect option. Ladies can also wear pants and a flowery blouse.
- Taste The Best Foods: Don’t miss trying the best food recipes in Lisbon. Try Bacalhau, Bifana, and Chicken piri piri, among others. Whole crabs and sardines are also amazingly cooked in unique recipes.
- Try Golf Escapade: Lisbon also offers great golf areas for sports-minded tourists. You’ll surely be impressed with its lush and greenish golf sites.