It will not be wrong to say that romance often blossoms in magical settings such as a moonlit boat ride and a candlelight dinner on a quiet beach. In a country like India there is no dearth of honeymoon destinations as it boasts of majestic mountains, verdant pastures and mesmerizing beaches. Keeping the number of options in consideration, newlyweds often feel confused about which destination to choose for their honeymoon. Here are five best honeymoon destinations in India to consider:
1. Goa: Goa has been one of the most popular honeymoon destinations in India as it boasts of miles of scenic beaches with swaying coconut trees, beautiful churches and old Portuguese buildings. It makes for a perfect romantic and adventurous destination. Choose a Goa honeymoon package designed exclusively for honeymooners to create memories of a lifetime.
Source – Vivanta by Taj – Fort Aguada, Goa
2. Coorg: The alluring mountains and picturesque view of Coorg make it a preferred destination amongst honeymooners. Coorg honeymoon packages allow you to wake up to the aroma of coffee alongside your beloved. Owing to its quaint charm and lush orange orchards, it is often referred to as the ‘Scotland of India.’ Coorg is truly a heaven for newlyweds.
Source – Vivanta by Taj – Madikeri, Coorg
3. Srinagar: Sparkling lakes, deep valleys, beautiful scenery, enormous mountains and thick pine forests make Srinagar a delightful destination for newlyweds. The grandeur of the Mughal gardens of Shalimar Bagh, Chashma Shahi and Nishat Bagh will surely add happy moments to the life of a couple opting for a Srinagar honeymoon package.
Source – Vivanta by Taj – Dal View, Srinagar
4. Kerala: Kerala is rightly called God’s Own Country and is one of the most romantic destinations in India. Most honeymoon packages in Kerala cover Kovalam and Kumarakom.
Kovalam is backed by precipitously mounting headlands replete with coconut palms. Couples may enjoy sunbathing, swimming or water sports on the beach.
Kumarakom is a beautiful paradise stocked with mangrove forests, coconut trees and emerald green paddy fields. This place offers a wide array of flora, exotic sightseeing and boating experiences. It also houses a bird sanctuary spread over 14 acres of land, home to egret darters, waterfowl, cuckoos and herons, amongst other winged creatures. Nature enthusiasts will certainly have much to enjoy in Kumarakom.
Source – Vivanta by Taj – Green Cove Kovalam, Kerala
5. Shimla: If you and your spouse simply want to relax and bask in serenity then there is no place better than Shimla. This magnificent town sprawls along the mountain ridge and is filled with forests of rhododendron, pine and oak. Shimla is well-known for its Neo-Gothic and Colonial Tudor styles of architecture. You will love waking up to the crisp, invigorating morning air. This honeymooning destination is magical in its picturesque beauty. Mountain hideouts and relaxing beaches - India offers the best of both to make your honeymoon truly unforgettable.
Source – Radisson Hotel, Shimla
There are many luxury hotels which offer variety of honeymoon packages. One of them is Vivanta by Taj which has 5 star hotels at Goa, Coorg, Srinagar and Kerala. Based on individual budget requirement we have the finest hotel chains available as well as cheaper option available across all the locations from the Taj group. Check out the best packages offered by Vivanta by Taj.