Living in London can really take it out of you. It’s a city that never sleeps, and if you’re struggling to balance your work and family life, it can be tough to find any “me time”. Add fast food lunches and takeaway dinners eaten on the fly, long commutes in the grimy hell that is the London Underground and late nights trying to squeeze in some semblance of a social life and you can find yourself burnt to a frazzle in short order.
If you need some time out to rejuvenate yourself then you’re in luck because London is home to some of the world’s most incredible day spas, where you can get amazing London Spa Deals. Here is a selection of some of its finest offerings.
1. Ushvani. If you want to experience some genuine class then a trip to Ushvani is a must. Situated bang in the middle of Chelsea this spa is a relaxing retreat in the centre of the urban sprawl. This is a perfect spa to visit with a friend or your partner, because you can enjoy a 3 hour treatment regime together in the Asmara suite.
2. Sanctuary. This one is for ladies only. Its reputation as one of London’s busiest spas is well-earned, but you’ll still get incredible service and pampering and leave feeling relaxed. If you want the full works then opt for the Ultimate Sanctuary Escape. You’ll get full use of the spa, three treatments, two-course lunch with wine and a spa gift worth £20.
3. Elemis Day Spa. This is another incredible spa that is tucked away in an otherwise bustling area of London, this time in Mayfair. The spa takes a holistic approach to their practise, and in terms of sheer quantity of treatments Elemis is one of the top spas around. With treatments that focus on specific body parts, just for men and for pregnant women there is something for everyone. Elemis is renowned for its massage treatments, and if you’ve got nagging knots and aches then a 90 minute deep tissue massage should help work them all out.
4. Ayurveda Pura. Ayurveda Pura utilises the Indian medical philosophy of Ayurveda, which focusses on bringing the body and mind into balance. Any of their treatments will focus not just on leaving you relaxed but also centred and at one. They must be doing something right as they recently won the ‘Best Spa’ award at this year’s English Hair and Beauty Awards. Ayurveda is also a leading academy that trains beauty therapists from around the world, so you know you’re in expert hands.
5. Chuan Spa. Another spa that takes its inspiration from ancient medical practices from the East, but this time from ancient China. Chuan means a serene course of water, and treatments here aim to calm and relax you to achieve a sense of harmony. If you’re in need of a good detox then the Chuan Tao Of Detox is for you. Over two and a half hours you’ll receive a massage, facial and a choice of body scrub, foot treatment or an elemental mud wrap.
Whatever stresses and strains London can throw at you these spas can help return you to your old self. Even a lunchtime treatment can give you that extra bit of pep you need to get through the week. So book yourself a treatment and receive your very own urban renewal.
Image courtesy of http://www.spafinder.co.uk ©