The best beaches in Europe have just been revealed and in number one spot lies the remote and beautiful Rabbit Beach in Italy.
Millions voted and rated their favourites beaches on earth on TripAdvisor and the Sicilian Rabbit beach came in as not only the best beach in Europe but overall the best beach in the world! Rabbit beach has beaten the tropical beaches of the Caribbean, Hawaii and Fiji to the highly coveted accolade.
Rabbit beach lies on the tiny island of Lampedusa which is off the south coast of Sicily. Only accessible by boat, this is a real off-the-beaten-path find! The unspoilt nature reserve is one of the few places in the Mediterranean where loggerhead turtles choose to lay their eggs.
In second place came the Playa de las Catedrales Beach near to the north Spanish municipality of Ribadeo. Famed for its impressive cliff structure, this beach features stunning caves and arches which are visible at low tide only.
And in third place is Rhossili Bay in Wales which is crowned the Best beach in the UK thanks to its vast natural expanse of beach that stretches for 3 miles (5km). Lying near Swansea, Rhossili Beach offers bracing winter walks, hill climbing and spectacular year-round views over the sea and coastlines.
It’s also no great surprise that beaches in Greece and Turkey also made the list.
Top 10 European Beaches
1. Rabbit Beach, Sicily – Italy
2. Playa de las Catedrales, Ribadeo – Spain
3. Rhossili Bay, Rhossili, Swansea – Wales, UK
4. Playa de ses Illetes, Formentera – Spain
5. Woolacombe Beach, Woolacombe, Devon – England, UK
6. Elafonissi Beach, Elafonissi, Crete – Greece
7. Iztuzu Beach, Dalyan – Turkey
8. La Pelosa Beach, Stintino, Sardinia – Italy
9. Porthminster Beach, St Ives, Cornwall – England, UK
10. St Pauls Bay, Lindos, Rhodes – Greece
Only decision now is deciding which beaches to explore first!