If you’re fed up with the weather and long for some sun (that bright yellow blob in the sky not often seen in the UK) or if you want to escape the upcoming London Olympics, these destinations offer wall-to-wall sunshine, guaranteed!
Rome in Italy is currently 36 degreesC
With more than 2,000 years of recorded history, Rome in Italy offers a rich culture and self-exploration of body and soul.
• The great Coliseum is an attraction to behold as the Roman architectural wonder, originally built as an amphitheatre is nearly 2,000 years old, and stands at 157 feet (48 m) tall whilst withstanding the ravages of time.
• The Pantheon, constructed as a temple to the Ancient Roman gods, can be argued as one of the most stunning structures in Italy.
• At the heart of Rome is the walled and protected City State of the Vatican. Followers of the Christian faith make regular pilgrimages to this religious icon.
• Museums are plentiful in Rome, such as the National Roman Museum which features ancient coins, jewellery and relics; the National Gallery of Modern Art, depicting the works from the greatest artists in history in the 19th and 20th centuries and the . Galleria Borghese which contains classical sculptures and paintings by famous Renaissance artists.
Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam is currently 33 degreesC
Formerly Saigon, Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam has become a hub of activity and tourism. Mystery and intrigue surround Ho Chi Minh City enticing visitors to take in the culture.
• Explore the maze of Cu Chi Tunnels that were utilized by the Vietnamese fighters during their battle for independence during the Tet Offensive of 1968.
• Visit the Notre Dame Cathedral, officially known as the Basilica of Our Lady of The Immaculate Conception, constructed in the 1880’s by the French. The cathedral still provides services for the large number of Christian followers.
• Across from the cathedral lies Buu Dien Truong Tam, a 19th century post office. This elaborate structure is bustling with people, most of which are tourists and not patrons.
Toronto in Canada is currently 26 degreesC
Being the 5th most populated city in Northern America, Toronto in Canada provides much for the discerning touring traveller.
• Become entertained by visiting the Princess of Wales Theatre and purchase tickets in the elaborate 2000-seat structure in the downtown entertainment district.
• Take a food tour with the Culinary Adventure Company and explore the tastes of Toronto, Ontario which includes its own Chinatown, Hakka food and Cabbagetown.
• Recently renovated, the Art Gallery of Ontario hosts collections of some 80,000 pieces from the first century to the modern day, from various artists including visits from touring exhibits such as Picasso.
• The pride of Toronto’s sporting exhibitions lies within the Hockey Hall of Fame, open all week there is a museum and hall of fame on site.
• On a clear day, one can see for miles around on top of the CN Tower, which on completion in 1976 was the world’s tallest tower and third tallest building. The tower stands at 1,815 feet (553 m) tall and is open 7 days a week to visitors.
Havana in Cuba is currently 31 degreesC
This Caribbean port of Havana in Cuba is home to more than 2 million residents and is the most populated city in the Caribbean region.
• Eat at the ever popular El Aljibe and enjoy original Cuban and Creole food prepared from masterful chefs, such as the island staple arroz congri oriental (rice and beans baked) and Boliche, roast beef stuffed with hard-boiled egg and sausage.
• The Roman Catholic Catedral de San Cristóbal de La Havana welcomes travelers to peer 200 plus years into the past and marvel at the magnificent structure of the cathedral.
• Visit the lavishly decorated and the America’s richest cemetery, Cementerio de Cristóbal Colón which was created in 1876.
• Popularizing the daiquiri, the El Floridita restaurant and bar has become a popular spot for the night-time scene.
Honolulu in Hawaii is currently 29 degreesC
The Hawaiian Islands have been a hot vacation spot for many years and Honolulu is home to the infamous destruction of Pearl Harbor.
• Visit the USS Arizona Memorial as she rests just below the surface of the Pacific Ocean in Pearl Harbor, visible in plain daylight. Here 1,102 sailors out of 1,177 on board the vessel died in the attack in 1941.
• Entice your taste buds by taking a food tour with Hawaiian Food Tours.
• Discover the plant and animal life of the island of Oahu, where you can go sailing with whales, snorkelling with turtles and exotic marine life on the coral reefs and go diving with the dolphins.
• Tour the Saint Augustine Church and marvel at its magnificence as it has been standing since the 1850s.
• Explore the extinct volcano in the Diamond Head State Monument Park which stands at 761feet (232m) tall
Bucharest in Romania is currently 34 degreesC
Visiting the city of Bucharest will put tourists in the lands of the immortalized Vlad Tepes III, otherwise known as Dracula. The city itself is a construct of rich culture and lavish buildings that have been located in many films.
• A monument to the soldiers of World War I, The Arch of Triumph (Arcul de triumf) leads visitors to the top of a staircase to welcome a panoramic view of the city.
• Preserving the arts and sciences, The Romanian Athenaeum has been used for large conferences and demonstrations of many kinds.
• Explore the architecture of Bucharest and witness the unusual construction of the National Architects Union Headquarters. Now a concert hall this famous landmark opened its doors in 1888.
And if you wondered where the hottest place is on the planet right now, there’s a first place tie between Luxor, Egypt and Lahore, Pakistan which are both a sweat-inducing 43 degreesC!