Why not make your next travel experience a little more memorable with a stay in one of the world’s most bizarre hotels! Check out these alternative accommodation choices;
1. Costa Rica – Try the Hotel Costa Verde which is constructed out of a disused 1965 Boeing 727 airplane, in the heart of the Costa Rican jungle no less.
2. Berlin, Germany – Stay at the Propeller Island City Lodge in Berlin and the owner, who is also an artist, assures you of a colorful stay as each of the 30 rooms are uniquely decorated. Try the room with the furniture on the ceiling or maybe you fancy sleeping in a room with coffins for beds?
3. Netherlands – Try a hotel room constructed within one of 4 massive wine casks which used to hold 19,333 bottles of wine; maybe not one for teetotals!
4. Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam – Try the crazy house aka the Hang Nga Guest House and Art Gallery which is basically a concrete treehouse with animal themed rooms.
5. Key Largo, USA – Rooms are for scuba divers only at the Jules’ Undersea Lodge as travelers will have to dive the 21 feet to reach check in! The lodge is inspired by the novel 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea from Jules Verne and the former marine lab is a 600 square-foot lodge nestled in the mangrove Emerald Lagoon.
6. Netherlands and Europe – Check into a hotel room with a difference across Europe with the addition of bright orange 1970’s inspired escape pods! The Capsule pods were used on oil rigs for evacuations and now offer a recycled escape haven.
7. Brazil – Travel with your bed on the 25 ton truck hotel. The Exploranter Overland Hotel meanders through Brazil taking in the sights with all the mod-cons right with you.