From modern and cosmopolitan Lima, Peru's Capital City, you will go back in time through the Colonial and Pre-Hispanic stages of Peruvian History.
For full no obligation pricing options and operator contact details please enquire:
Drive through Lima's first freeway, built during 1960s and 1970s to arrive to the Downtown Lima, historic site per UNESCO, where you will appreciate its impressive monuments and imposing architecture from the colonial times. You will visit Convento de Santo Domingo (circa 16th century), one of the best preserved monasteries in whole of Lima where you will be able to see the old Lima from its tower. Visit continues to the Larco Museum, featuring the finest gold and silver collection from Ancient Peru and the famous "erotic" archaeological collection. Finally, you will be able to walk around one of Lima's oldest neighborhoods, Pueblo Libre, and try “picarones”, a Peruvian dessert originated in the colonial period, made of squash and sweet potatoes. One the way back to your hotel you will observe Huaca Huallamarca, a pre-Inca adobe pyramid.
- Observe a Pre-Colombian archaeological site of Huaca Huallamarca in the middle of the residential area.
- Visit Museo Larco, best Precolombian Art private collection in Peru.
- Historic Downtown of Lima (Unesco site), walk through its most important streets to observe its architecture, monuments, traditional bars, etc.
- Visit the Convent of Santo Domingo.
A full day by day itinerary will be provided by the tour operator when you make an enquiry about this holiday.
-transportation in minivan,
-snacks and bottled water.
-Tour starts and ends in any hotel located in Miraflores or San Isidro.
- Personal expenses eg tips, drinks etc
Prices per person - please submit an enquiry to receive a personalized itinerary and costs.
|2pm - 6:30pm from Mondays to Sundays|