Florida is heaven on earth for boaters who operate their own watercraft and are looking to escape the noise and craziness of everyday life. Boating is an excellent way to push the reset button and disconnect from the world. As Florida is a great destination for boating vacationers, here is a top five of the most appreciated destinations where boaters can drift over and have the time of their lives:
- Jacksonville stands out among Florida’s top five boating destinations as the entryway to the St. Johns River, the longest river in the state. With its 310 miles, St. Johns River is the primary waterway of the state with significant commercial and recreational use. Jacksonville is a remarkable destination for boating enthusiasts not only through its unique location, but also for the numerous first class amenities. Those who choose to drift over the Florida waters in Jacksonville will be able to choose from a wide variety of ship supply stores, great food and accommodations, kingfish tournaments, wonderful marinas, waterfront festivals, dockage space, and more.
- Fort Lauderdale is considered the international capital of yachting with over 40,000 yachts. With a reputation as the Venice of America, Greater Fort Lauderdale hosts annually the International Boat Show, the event that attracts an incredible number of boaters. With its 300 miles of inland waterways, Fort Lauderdale is a major boating destination in Florida. Plus, it benefits from a very special location with the Gulf Stream running just 2 miles offshore and attracting numerous blue-water anglers. For boating vacationers heading to the Bahamas, Fort Lauderdale is a magnificent launching point.
- Pensacola has a long sailing history that commenced in the 16th century when the city was first established by a Spanish explorer. For boating enthusiasts who have a passion for fishing, Fort Walton Beach and Destin are the best destinations known to be the luckiest fishing towns in the world. Apart from a very rich and enticing history, Pensacola has numerous sheltered harbors, some of the most beautiful beaches, and offers unique blue water and deep sea fishing experiences. The Pensacola Bay is one of the world’s most renowned boating destinations and made it on the pages of many magazines across the globe.
- The Florida Keys begins at the Biscayne National Park and continues 125 miles to the Key West. One of the most lovable boating destinations in Florida, The Florida Keys is heaven on earth for fishing, snorkeling, and cruising. For the passionate divers, Key Largo is an open treasure chest allowing them to explore spectacular reefs and shipwrecks. A unique coral archipelago, the Florida Keys boast Key West as the most precious gem in this unique island chain. Florida Keys is a paradise stretching between the Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic and a unique boating destination in Florida.
- Tampa features an incredible number of spaces for boating as it is the largest estuary in Florida. For boaters who are looking for a short cruise, Tampa is the ultimate destination. Situated on the west coast of Florida, Tampa is a true hot spot among the world’s boating objectives. More, the historical heritage of Tampa includes the old sites of Shell Key and Beer Can Island, where those who share a passion for history can explore the remains of the 19th century fort.
Boating is definitely one of the most incredible ways to spend your vacation. However, due to the popularity of these boating locations, be sure to operate your watercraft in a safe manner and to have your boating license with you.