1. The competition is open to travelers worldwide aged 18 and over, with the exception of employees of PureTravel and Geographical magazine, their immediate families, agents, or anyone else associated with administration of this competition.
2. Closing date for receipt of all entries is midnight GMT on 31st October 2013.
3. There is one prize consisting of a £1,000 cheque, or US$1,500. The winning article will be published in "Geographical" magazine.
4. To enter, send your article of between 350–750 words, to email@example.com with your name, email address and telephone number. Please paste your text in to the email body. Do not send attachments. Alternatively, you can also enter via post by sending your entry to: PureTravel Travel Encounters Competition, Seymour House, 30-34 Muspole St, Norwich, NR3 1DJ, UK.
5. The initial long list of 10 will be selected on merit by a panel of judges appointed by PureTravel, including at least one independent judge (i.e. not an employee of either company). These 10 will be reduced to a shortlist of 3 by an online public vote. The winner will then be selected by one independent judge.
6. Online voting will start on the Friday 15th November 2013 and finish on Friday 6th December 2013. To vote you must register for the free PureTravel.com newsletter. Your registration confrimation e-mail will be your voting signature. Only one vote per person. Please note that there is an opt-out of this newsletter on every issue.
7. The winner will be informed by Friday 13th December 2013 and the result published on the web site.
8. PureTravel will have the right to publish all entries on its web site. Geographical magazine will have the publishing rights on the winning article. Articles will be removed from the PureTravel web site on request once the competition is over.
9. Entries limited to one per person.
10. E-mail addresses will be only be used by PureTravel for their own newsletter which can be opted out of. They will not be disclosed to any other parties.
11. There is no alternative to the prize offered and the prizes are non–transferable.
12. If for any reason a winner is unable to take the prize as offered, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to the next best entry.
13. The judge's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. The winner agree to participate in any reasonable publicity required by the Promoter.
PureTravel Ltd, Seymour House, 30-34 Muspole St, Norwich, NR3 1DJ.
Copyright © 2013 PureTravel. All rights reserved. Departures 2013 and 2014.